Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Mission Week 70: November 8, 2016

Querido familia,

This week has been Marvelous. We have seen the glorious hand of the Lord as we have worked hard, and have put into practice the teachings of the conferences we have recently received.

Transfers are actually next week. this week we had a leadership meeting in Barcelona, It was great, we learned so much!!!! and ate good too!!!!

 
I have been so happy!!! Extremely exhausted but happy!!!! I received the Halloween package, and the thanksgiving letters!!! thank you so much!!!! It was very thoughtful of you!!!!

Glad Disneyland was a blast!!! sounds like a great last vacation for Kalee!! Loved the videos!!! Thanks pops!!! especially the smokey the bear!!!!

I have truly been learning the correlation between faith and works. In the General Epistle of James it states, "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." That scripture has impacted me in many ways. I have learned that of course, We can't just rely on faith. If I say that I know the Lord answers prayers, and believe it with my whole soul but then never search the scriptures to find it, I will never receive the answer I am looking for. 
I have also learned that faith is something you have to work at. We have to keep pushing our faith and the Lord with help us see miracles. Nephi didn't start by building the ship, he started by praying to know if the teachings of his father were true, then he followed through with his commandments, always working at his faith. I hope that I can continue to build my faith, by pushing myself and always confiding in the Lord Jesus Christ!

This week we had the opportunity to teach the family our recent convert, L. He has two daughters and a son. They were able to come to church on Sunday and it was a great miracle. His wife couldn't attend but his children came! They all accepted dates to be baptized this month so we are getting excited for them!!!!

I can't lie, I don't want the Tyson/Campbell companionship to come to a close. It has been a wonderful three act performance with twists and turns, an incredible live orchestra, and a very grand climax. Elder Campbell has been the fearless protagonist, the magnanimous hero, if you will, the man who has dug deep and found his true prize. I feel like his noble steed, shimmering in the sunlight, giving support to our brave knight as he conquers the dragon, saves the day, and baptizes the villain. I have been truly grateful for him and all he has done for me!

Today was the last preparation day with Elder Campbell so I basically let him take the lead! we went to a documentary in like one of those hemispheric rooms (with permission from President) and it was incredible!!! A little boring, but we learned a lot about Dinosaurs!!! We then went to the mall and ate McDonalds....

 
Love you lots!!! hope you have a great week!!!

Elder Tyson
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment