Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Mission Week 49: Terrassa

Dear Family-

"Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort
those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God
at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in,
even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with
those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life-"

This scripture in Mosiah was the theme of my week as I truly learned
the meaning of my baptismal covenant. This week we found out that the
son of our recently baptized friends, J. and V., has just
gotten cancer for the second time, in multiple places. It is in his
legs and on his ribs. They don't think he has a high chance of living,
and this family is destroyed. I feel so powerfully the love God has for them 
and this amazing son of God. He was baptized a month before J. and V.
 and was preparing to serve a mission in one year. My heart has been full,
and my spirit has been enlarged as I have done all I can to fulfill my baptismal
covenants in standing with them in all things.

You really realize how much you love these people when you see them
pass through trials like this. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father
put them in our path last month. I know this trial will be a faith
builder if they will turn to the Lord. Right now, they are looking to
us for answers, and we are looking to the Lord. I am so grateful for
the plan of salvation in my life, and the knowledge we have of it.
Elder Muñoz and I have dedicated our studies these past couple days to
helping them. Digging through the scriptures, reading General
Conference talks, looking for things to help console them during this
time. I know the Spirit will guide us to know what to say and what to
share.

It's times like these when I see how the Lord prepared me before the
mission to be here. He called me. He knew that I needed to be here,
now, helping these people. The work is true. I think back to those
times in high school when things like this happened. I thought for
some reason it would be easier, but nope. Still hard. But I know the
Lord is in it/

Our district is doing better this week. We all did a lot better of job
finding this week, using different tactics. The companion ships seem
to be doing great, and working hard. I am so glad to be in a district
with obedient missionaries.

Elder Muñoz is incredible.  He has great ideas and input that help our
investigators progress. We are enjoying memorizing scriptures together.
We each have memorized five this week, and we have big goals for this week!
I love him so much. So grateful for him.

For preparation day we just relaxed, went and explored Terrassa a
little bit.... It was fun and just chill.

 We found Three families this week!!!!! Through moves and member
referrals and contacting!!!! We are pumped!!!

So a roller coaster of a week. We are going over to J. and
V.'s home tonight to eat and have a lesson... I am doing
brownies.... Those always help.

Well, I love you!!!!

Elder Tyson








No comments:

Post a Comment