Monday, June 6, 2016

Mission Week 48: 11 Months Out!

This week was incredible for two very big reasons, J. and V. were BAPTIZED!!! It was such a great experience. Wow, it is something truly inspiring to see a family come together and enter the waters of baptism. The service was so special. J. kept asking us if all the members were just there for them, and we assured him that yes, they were. It is so powerful having members come and show their support. I could see that it meant a lot to J. and V. and to us as well. 
 


 

The brownies were a huge success, I am fighting to keep the recipe a family secret!!!!

I felt like it was the perfect way for Elder Muñoz to start the mission. I felt bad because with the baptism we were running all over the place, but he was so great and willing to be dragged around the first couple days. I am so happy to be with him. He is a testifying animal. No matter who we are with, or what we are teaching, he is always testifying of the power of Jesus Christ. I am so inspired by him. He is not afraid to open his mouth. On Sunday we had our first real time to contact, and thanks to his efforts we found six more people that are ready to hear the gospel and one being a family. I am so grateful to be with a missionary with so much energy and excitement for the work!

I have truly loved my personal study as of late. I studied for about a week just about the sons of Mosiah. They are so powerful, and I wanted to know why. What made them so different? I realized that it all came down to their preparation. The begging get of alma 17 is full of things they did to prepare. Mosiah 28 talks about their pure desires and how they couldn't stand the thought of one of their brethren perishing. Many other things they did as well that inspired me. Then, they knew their purpose, and baptized cities. But the part most impressive to me wasn't that they just baptized, but their converts stayed strong forever. It says in Alma 27:27 that these converts "were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end."

These missionaries knew how to prepare themselves, and prepare others for the ordinance of baptism. It is my prayer that I can dedicate enough time to be able to do the same.

I tried to fix my recorder.... The computer says that I have to erase it to maybe fix it.... I am nervous.... I am just going to hold on to it and fix it when I get back!!

11 months tomorrow..... Crazy.... According to transfers, I am half way there..... Crazy

That's about it.... It was a good week!!!
 
Elder Tyson

No comments:

Post a Comment