Friday, May 6, 2016

Mission Week 43: Terrassa

To begin, This week was a busy one. This area is very different than my last two areas. The Ward is amazing. They are super focused on missionary work and helping all of their friends come unto Christ. The ward is big and are so willing to help us in the work. There are roughly 120 members in our ward. Our area is huge. We not only have most of Terrassa but we also have Rubi which is like the promised land. We actually spend more time there than in Terrassa.

The week was super busy. No down time, which is great. We did two whole moves, and with all the members wanting to meet the nephew of Mike Tyson, you can imagine it was busy. I just tell them I am adopted, but that we don't invite him to family parties anymore.... They get a kick out of that!

I felt very inadequate this week with my new assignment as District leader. Student Body President was nothing compared to this. Luckily, the Spirit brought to my memory how to conduct meetings and things and our first district meeting went very well, I thought. It's a completely different task trying to inspire a group of missionaries to fulfill their calling of servants of the Lord Jesus Christ then just inspiring a group of high school kids to have school Spirit. I know I have a lot to learn, a lot of repenting to do, a lot of changing to do, but I know the Lord will help me through it all. #PPIWithTheSavior. We have a great district full of very obedient missionaries.

We also had a baptism this week!!!!! X. was baptized. She is from Ecuador. It was a little interesting for me not knowing her super well but she was very prepared for the Gospel and we are so excited to see her journey. I also gained the respect of the members by making those delicious brownies!!!!!!!!! They want more and more baptism just for the brownies they said.
 


 

There are many members who served missions here which is really great. Also, there are a lot of people from Argentina who love Mate. That was another building point.

Elder Miller is great. Reminds me exactly of Elder Allen. I can't wait for the experiences we are going to have together seeing many miracles here!!!!!

I love you lots.... Can't wait to talk to you on Mother's Day!!!!!

Elder Tyson

No comments:

Post a Comment