Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Mission Week 94: April 24, 2017

April 24, 2017

Hey Tyson gang,

I have learned a lot this week. A lot about faith, miracles, family,
dedication, organization, humility, and creating your own weather. I
have had a lot of time to reflect this week, and I am grateful for the
Spirit that has taught me more than any book or person could ever.

Elder Knadler has taught me a lot this week. He is really good at
showing people that we are on their team. He is a great listener and
helps people really feel loved. He has been such a great help to me in
this week.

This week I put one of Hermana Dayton's teachings to the test. I have
always been someone who lacks organization skills, and she said that
if we want to be organized, say I am organized. Then get organized and
every time you put something away, say I am organized. After 21 days
it will be a habit. So I am making it happen, and my closet and desk
have never been so clean. I am striving to be as organized as
possible. I know it will be a blessing for my whole life.

It was nice seeing the family on Skype, sad that it had to be under
these circumstances. I love you all and I am glad everyone could make
it down for the funeral.

For preparation day, we went down and rented bikes on the Rambla. It
was a good time. The weather has been wonderful. Short sleeve is the
way to go.





This week I did an extensive study of the word zeal. It uses this
adjective to describe the way the Anti-Nephi-Lehis treated the
commandments. It was interesting to see that the defining difference
between them and the other Nephites was their zeal towards God and
man. I also believe that zeal is a defining characteristic of El Faro.
We can't just go through the motions or simply obey the commandments.
We need to be zealous in our obedience. Treat every part of this work
with marked enthusiasm. I hope that I will be able to emulate
zealousness in this coming week.

We were able to give out a least ten copies of the Book of Mormon this
week. We wanted to focus on its power, and the book pulled through. It
always does!!

Love you,
Elder Tyson

No comments:

Post a Comment