Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Mission Week 96: May 9, 2017

May 9, 2017

Let's go!!!!!!

Burgos. A six letter word that comes from the the Latin root Burg, meaning full of miracles! The history holds true!! Burgos is a land of miracles and Elder Torruella and I have been working so hard to see them. We have overly blessed this week by finding 13 new investigators, having 4 second visits, and setting 3 baptismal dates with people we have met in this week. The pace is quick here in Burgos, and the branch is ready to help and serve. We are blessed immensely to have a branch president who is very focused on baptism and retention. We have had a coordination with him just to discuss the recent converts and what the branch can do to better help them feel part of the congregation.

Elder Torruella is firing on all cylinders! He is a power house. He knows the area well and knows what we need to do see baptisms in this area. What I really appreciate about him is that he is a great listener. He is always pulling things of what people say and using it to help teach them the Gospel. He is a fearless giant. He will contact anyone at anytime. He is also very teachable. He expressed to me some of the struggles they were having in this area in the past, and was able to accept some of my ideas and go with the flow. I have been trying to really support the things already built in this area and just add and tweak some things that will help us see success.

The branch here is powerful, we are about forty strong and many members are open to helping us in visits and spreading the Gospel. I pray that we can take advantage of them as we work for the salvation of man. I have been so impressed by the leadership of this branch. Although few, they lead like the Savior, and understand church government. I will be learning so much from each of them.

This city is the prettiest of my whole mission!! I will takes lots of pictures!!!! We are just getting going on preparation day here so we are going bowling today, more sight seeing next week!!

I am so excited to be a district leader! I have already planned all of my district meetings, intercambios, phone calls, and everything. Of course anything could change if the Spirit so indicates. 
 
I feel like this area is my final exam. My whole mission has been working up to these last six weeks.  This is it..... I am so happy and filled with energy... it's all on the table.

Next week I will be skyping at 10:00 your time..... that is six here.... I hope that works!!!!

This week I have spent my studies in the war chapters of the Book of Mormon and in chapter three of Preach my Gospel. I love how important the Gospel was for the Nephites. They put everything to the side to serve the Lord, and many times, even their lives. I have been studying the lessons of Preach my Gospel to learn to love and cherish it like the Nephites. I am so grateful for the light and truth restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith. I love my Savior and I hope to serve him with more power, energy, vigor, and zeal this week.

Love you so much, can't wait to see you!!!!

Elder Tyson!!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment