Monday, March 13, 2017

Mission Week 87

March 6, 2017

Hi Friends,

The zone is doing really well, we finished February with 9 baptisms. Elder Knadler and I looked back and saw that the zone really pushed themselves, strived to be obedient, and saw great miracles.

I am grateful that throughout the course of my mission, the Lord has been able to show when I have needed an attitude adjustment, and I having been picking up on things about myself that show me that I need to be humble. My mom used note things like that all the time. She would tell me to go to my bedroom and come back when I was "me" again. I think that is the message the Lord has been trying to send to me this week.  I love the Lord, and I know he loves me enough to teach me and show me
how to be my best self always. I may have had a lower week, but that was because I made it that way. Now, turning to Christ he can help me change my behavior and have a glorious week. I love the quote from Ezra Taft Benson that states, "The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature... Yes, Christ changes men, and changed men can change the world.”

We are excited about the progression of M., a reference from a member. She has already attended church twice and we had the opportunity to go with her to a ward activity we had this week. We haven't been able to really sit down and visit with her yet, but we are trying to set that up to really help her progress in the gospel.

The miracle we saw this week arrived when we sat down for our weekly visit with our convert, M. To our surprise, she had invited three friends to come and listen to our message with her. We taught the Doctrine of Christ and they all accepted invitations to be baptized saying it was always something they had wanted to do. Furthermore, when they asked how church worked, and how to pray and things, M. piped up saying that there was no need to worry, but that she would be with them every step of the way. Later, all three women noted that M. had changed a lot in the last month, much more peaceful and kind, and that was very apparent as she gave her testimony with confidence on Sunday during Sacrament meeting.

Elder Knadler is a great elder. So happy and bubbly. He makes everyday more fun and bright. He loves to laugh and joke, and have a great time. I have needed his good attitude this week to lean on. I am grateful for his support.

So, If you didn't already know this, Spain is like an old folk's home. Literally. You have people of all ages roaming the streets, and obviously I love talking to them and asking them their stories.  They tend to like to talk for a good thirty minutes, rambling about Franco, then they seem to run the minute we say the word Jesus. Such was the case with A. on Sunday. We talked to him and he had little interest. My interest was getting him to throw away the fat cigar he had hanging out of his mouth. We departed with little success, and I sang to him God be with you 'til we meet again, as he walked away. Returning back after a fired visit, we found him again and I asked him to tell me his story, but just chapter one. We sat down and he told us the first 20 chapters... Classic, But he also told us he loved to read, so we gave him our favorite book... good times.



Yesterday was incredible.  So we had our leadership council in the mission home, and after we needed a recording of him playing one of his famous mission songs so that Elder Knadler and I can play it in our zone meeting tomorrow. Well, he had some interviews so we waited and when he finished it was just us three. Obviously, he had to get warmed up, so he played a few numbers and we sang along. It was incredible. Just two elders on either shoulder of their President at the piano, singing without lyrics, what a sight! We sang probablyfour numbers and every time he would look at us and remark, "without any music brethren, I am impressed." We just giggled and kept singing.
The greatest part is that president doesn't just sing, he performs. We were laughing and having a great time. I felt like we really got to know President Dayton. He is an incredible human being.

Love you tons,

Elder Kade Jay Tyson

No comments:

Post a Comment