Monday, January 9, 2017

Mission Week 79: More from Badalona

January 9, 2017

Family!!!!

It's always a great week in the mission when a baptism or two fall upon us. I feel so blessed to be a part of this great work and help all those around me come unto to Christ.

The zone is doing well. We are working right now to establish consistency weekly. We know that comes from working hard and planning well consistently. We focused our zone enfoque on cleansing ourselves through obedience and receiving the Spirit, then did a practice on the importance of nightly planning, and finished with a teaching on inviting someone to be baptized daily and baptizing in the zone weekly. We know that we need to be more bold and just testify if we want to see success, so that is what we are going to do. That will become the culture of our zone, invite daily, baptize weekly in Badalona.

Right now we are currently teaching M. She is preparing for a baptismal date on the 21 of this month. She is incredible. We invited her to be baptized on the street and she gladly accepted. She accompanied us to a baptismal service on Saturday and to church on Sunday. She loves what she sees and knows that she needs to be baptized. In fact, she has been looking to get baptized for quite sometime.

We are also teaching a woman named G. She is also preparing herself to be baptized in the coming weeks. She explained to us that this past year has been the hardest of her life and she has been looking for a renovation of her soul. We have began to teach her, and she has been touched by the message of the Plan of Salvation. I am so grateful that the Lord put her in our path so that she can hear about the great Plan of Happiness.

This week in my studies I spent time on the 23rd Psalm. It is a powerful scripture that has helped me so much in my mission. We can have the surety that goodness and mercy will follow us all the days of our lives if we focus on following the Good Shepard. He will lead us to green pastures, and be on our side as we walk through The Valley of Death. I hope that this week, I can make more steps in allowing Christ to be my Shepard.

This week for service we volunteered in the annual Reyes parade in Badalona. We had to protect the floats from children trying to rush into the streets to climb on. It was a lot of fun and extremely tiring. We got to do it as a district though, which was fantastic. It ended up being great and one Elder got on the radio. Success. 

Elder Maurer and I are doing splendid. We are finding well and working hard. I am grateful to have a strong companion who supports me in the work.

Today for preparation day I got a haircut and we did some shopping. I found some gifts to send home, I got some sweats and a sweatshirt that I have been needing, so it's been great. Just simply and fun. You will be happy to hear that I am eating incredibly healthy right now!!! So many vegetables!!! Onions galore!!! I will teach you some of my new skills!!!

We saw a great miracle this week with the baptism of R. He has made huge changes in his life.   The service was wonderful. He was taking tons of photos and drinking in the moment. His whole family came to support him as well which was incredible! What a miracle.
 

In the end, a happy week here in El Faro. Can't wait for another.

Elder Tyson

No comments:

Post a Comment