Thursday, March 10, 2016

Mission Week 34-Manacor Hair Wars Episode 5: The Shampoo Strikes Back Feb. 29, 2016

Ok first things first, I heard you wanted a little bit from me for grandpa's retirement party, so I whipped this little morsel up as I was doing the dishes. I think it was sum up my thoughts perfectly.

Grandpa-An original poem

There at the Capital
Up on the hill
Worked hard for years
Never called in ill

His career was fantastic
They should have filmed him
Or at least changed the name
Of good old Camp Williams

He brought energy to the state
And also to work
he put his shoulder to the wheel
He let no one shirk

It's time to fly high
Like a kite
Join his brothers
The other two Nephites

He is the ultimate grandpa
On all the world's great face
I want to grow up to be like him
Not some astronaut up in outer space

Saved my life
Pulled a coin from my throat
Always prepared
Our trusty motor boat

He is an early riser
Around 5 o'clock
Enjoys a stroll in the evenings
Usually the 18th hole around the block

He likes his things tidy
Lined up in a row
but how the years just flew by
He will never know

He now has more time
For his weekly Costco runs
Drumsticks are a must have
They just make everything much more fun

He is a master at games
Especially at cards
All 13 tricks, come on
For him, nothing is too hard

Our Father's Day competition
He was never contested
His worm went undefeated
Never was bested

Full of generosity
Full of care
No wonder he was voted
The precinct chair

He now has more time too golf
More time to love
More time to relax
More time to give to God above

More time to think
More time to ponder
More time to sleep
More time to wander

There is no end to matter;
There is no end to space;
There is no end to spirit;
There is no end to race.

There is no end to virtue;
There is no end to might;
There is no end to wisdom;
There is no end to light.

There is no end to union;
There is no end to youth;
There is no end to priesthood;
There is no end to truth.

There is no end to glory;
There is no end to love;
There is no end to being;
There is no death above.

Magnifies his callings
In every which way
Represents the Savior
In every action, every day

He is so kind
Loving, and clean
He is a true example
Of Romans one, sixteen

Now the hair!!!!! What a wreck! Like I told you before, I have been using shampoo as hair gel. So, I put the shampoo on my hands to put it through my hair, then throughout the day, my eyes were stinging really bad, and I realized I had kept rubbing my eyes and the shampoo was burning them. It was awful! My skin dried out so bad, and the udder balm, is just starting to work. It was a mess. I was dying. :)

This week was one of the best in my mission, all weeks are great, but this one was extra special. We received a district goal to teach at least four lessons a day, invite one person to be baptized, and have six lessons with a member present every week. We took this goal as if it was from God, and I am pleased to announce that we were able to complete it. We worked harder than ever, we planned like nothing before, we were exactly obedient, we fought until the last stroke of ten to find new investigators, and invite them to be baptized.

Our members really came through for us this week. They were so willing to help, and I think that was partly because we were very diligent in inviting them to help us. We also had two friends come to church. After the meeting we set up visits with each of them, one for that very day. One of them has many doubts about the church. We had planned to talk about the Restoration, but listening to her situation, we were prompted to share with her Alma 32. we talked about faith, and how we need to act upon the seed that is planted in our heart, and if it dies, it does not signify that the seed was bad, but lot of times we let it die. We asked her how she felt at church, she said that she felt nothing, that our members looked like every other religious person, but she could sense a big difference in us. We testified of the great power of the Atonement, and how it can change us. How the Lord will answer us, if we act on our faith and have real intent. We invited her to be baptized and she said she would pray and ask God if that was what she needed to do.

We left that lesson, and this whole week feeling like real missionaries. We pushed ourselves and saw miracles. We set a companionship goal to give out two copies of the Book of Mormon everyday, and most days we were able to, and every other we gave out one.

We served more this week, helped the members, and exercised our priesthood. It was so busy, and hard at times, but it was so worth it! it was an amazing week, and we plan to do it again!


Our president of the branch was in the hospital this week and so was his wife, they weren't super sick, but health care is free here, so everyone goes to the hospital. We dropped by the hospital to see them. I do not like hospitals, but it was good. He was able to come to church and we were able to give him a blessing. He is a trooper.

Elder Cook and I are doing great, so united and loving it! We teach so well and so in harmony. I am big with using the scriptures, and he is a testifying and applying maniac! He applies the lesson to them in the greatest ways. I learn so much from him. He is loving the contacting, we have a blast!

We got a majorquin table this week. It is a table that has a blanket over it, and underneath is a heater, so when you sit you just put your feet by it and it warms your legs. It was in the church garage, and president said we could have it. It is so awesome!!!!!

For preparation day we were going to play soccer with a bunch of people in my branch, but no one showed, so we played ping pong for a couple hours. Watch out... Elder Cook taught me how to spin the ball!!!! Also, he is teaching me the piano!!!! I struggle but I can pound out High on a Mountain Top!!!!!

Transfers are next week so preparation day will be on Tuesday!!!!
 
It snowed the other day... not horrible, but the people made a big deal. Apparently the last time it snowed, I wasn't born yet!!!!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment