Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Mission Week 23: Manacor!

Familia!!!

Manacor!!!!!! I am so excited to be here! You have no idea. It's so beautiful here. Before I said that I couldn't live in Barcelona, well I could live here. I have been so blessed to be able to come here. Sorry I wasn't able to write much last week, just to let you know, next week I will write you on Tuesday as well, and will figure the Skype plans!!!!!

I am so excited to see you all, it's insane...

Today for preparation day, we went and hiked this beautiful mountain with an ancient castle at the top, it was so beautiful.



This is the best part, Elder Hamren and Elder Reddish are both in my district again. My two best buds from the MTC. We are so excited to be serving here together... And on the islands!!!! There are lots of missionaries out here. One companionship per branch.


What an amazing week! It was my first week in Manacor with Elder Allen and he is just amazing. He has such strong desires to serve Christ and be obedient, it's contagious. I am already learning so much from him and so excited to be here in Manacor. He is from Pleasant View, Utah.

Elder Tyson & Elder Allen
One miracle I saw this week was in the streets contacting. We were walking and talking and we decided to change the tactic in which we contact. The next person we spoke with really opened up an he became a new investigator. It reminded me that we are supposed to teach people and not lessons, not only in visits but in the streets as well. What an amazing miracle.

I am so excited to be here, the branch is fantastic. We had our ward Christmas party this week, and it was so great to get to know them, and help them get to know me.  For the Christmas party they tried to have a dinner and a talent show, but only the youth did a talent. We helped and did a dance. It was fun. After they just ate and played just dance, and I shared a spiritual thought. It was a blast! I really got to show my personality to these members. I love them so much! This Gospel is so personal, and if we don't establish relationships with these people we are never going to see success. They are all so humble and we are exciting to get this city rolling with missionary work.
This area has tons of tourists in the summer. There is a town that dies when it gets cold. It's a ghost town. All these people are native to here. They all speak Mayorquin which is just Catalan. A. GOT BAPTIZED in Hospitalet. I'm SO EXCITED for him!
Oh I did get one package, from Deseret Book. I kind of opened it. Sorry. I had no idea. Thank you so much for that Book of Mormon! It is so cool. I am already going to work on it. It's the best!

I will send pictures of my apartment next week... It's cute.

I hope all is well with the family. How goes the Christmas traditions, is everyone getting pumped?? Well I can't wait to here from you.  Love you!!!




Elder Tyson

Here are some other pictures Elder Tyson sent of his last week in Hospitalet.









Elder Tyson & Elder Latteier-Great Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment