Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Mission Week 15-Hospitalet

I have felt so great this week, I finally feel like I am overcoming the language barrier. I am so blessed to have Elder Caetano leaded me and helping me in this wonderful work in the Lord. I feel like I have such a great grasp on the language and I know it's because the Lord is blessing me. I have tried to be more disciplined with my language study this week and I have seen amazing results. I truly have a testimony of D&C 82:10, "10 I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."

The more I strive to be obedient the Lord blesses me. I even had the opportunity to share a message in a ward activity this week and it went so well. I didn't feel like I was translating words in my head all of the time, but that the right words were just flowing through me. Amazing gifts of the Spirit.

This week we did a lot of building the less active members in our ward. The people have been so kind, we are trying to remind them of that love they have for the Gospel. We had great practices in District meetings and I know that we are turning this area into something spectacular. I have sent the hand of the Lord in everything I do, specifically fasting. I just felt so engulfed in the power of the spirit. I am grateful for that opportunity.

So apparently, I have tons of mail waiting for me in the office so i can't wait to see what stuff I have... So excited


Halloween in Spain is like the same, just more chill...

This week in our area they had the alley on steroids. Usually it's just on Sunday's but this weekend it was the whole two days. They closed down a major street and people went crazy. There was even a stage with a fashion show. It was so cool everything is so cheap. You would love it here.

Also, I started a new tradition in my piso last night. So everyone in my piso is a leader, except me. So on Sunday's they all have to put in numbers and call people forever, so I made them toasted Nutella and jelly for them while they worked so they didn't have to be hungry. I felt so alive! I loved it. I am already excited to do it next week. They loved it!

 Oh ya it poured rain here. That's those pictures. Also, that is twenty eggs. My piso thought I was crazy but it was so good.




Also, I finished the Book of Mormon for the second time last week only looking for the principle of prayer. I learned so much. My prayers are so much more powerful. I am now reading it again and am in 2 Nephi in the Isaiah chapters. I am looking for faith this time and I know I am going to see miracles.

I wish you guys were still teaching mission prep, because I have some deep insights now.  Like, it's a lot harder for me to teach in English than in Spanish now. And praying too. It's so much cleaner in Spanish. I am loving it.

We are teaching, but the progressing is such a different story. The hardest thing is getting people to church. I know that if they just showed up, they would love it. So we are working on that. Also, a lot of people believe that every church is true. Even after we clarify the authority stuff. So we explain that Joseph Smith was a prophet then we are the only true church, and they can only know that if they read the Book of Mormon. Another problem is that they have good friends in their churches, so it's difficult, but great. I love these great people!

We got a new ward mission leader last week. He is a returned missionary who got home in June. He is such a stud, he is the son of the family that invites us to their home every week. His dad is the high priest group leader as well. They are always great to go with us. He also teaches early morning seminary

I love you so much have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment