Monday, April 4, 2016

Mission Week 39: BAPTISM!!!

ARE YOU READY FOLKS???? THIS WEEK WAS A WILD ONE!!!!!!

First, lets start with the tennis ball that is now my head. I don't know if you saw the photos but my hair got pretty short, pretty fast. Here is the scoop... So last time I got my haircut I felt like I had left it a little too long. It felt super European and not so missionary. It started to wolf so I decided that it needed a cut. So, as Elder Cook and I went, I knew that I wanted a 2 on the sides but didn't know for the top. I thought about a 4 and said that was like an inch long. So, Go for Gold! The guy was about to cut and said that it would be short, as short as his sides, but this guy had curly hair, so I was like... Let's go. Now, if you ever go shoot pool, make sure you hit my head before any of the other balls. #CueBall


Today for Preparation day we went out with our district and basically did the Tour de France. We went to a little town and rode bikes up this ginormous hill, down the other side, took some pictures, and rode all the way back. No worries, only one delay... a flat for Elder Cook that delayed us an hour. But we all made it alive. We actually did well for six out of shape guys. We passed a lot of the roadsters, and now I can't walk. Those goofy glasses you see... ya an elder gave those to me... come on... I couldn't turn those down!!!!!





General Conference was so powerful! It made me feel close to the fam, minus the bran muffins of course! It was so enriching! I loved how most of the talks spoke of our eternal identity, and how important it is to remember who we are, and live up to it. I was hoping for the Eagle Mountain temple, but hey, life cant always be perfect! hahaha

And now, the main event, the best part of the week,  and if I may be so bold, my whole mission thus far...

BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One April fool's day (very fitting we thought for us) Our best friend C. was baptized!! It was so special! Satan had been fighting her the whole week. From the interview, to almost crashing her car, the adversary knew she was making an amazing choice. Luckily, so did we! Thor'sday night we went over to her home and she was not feeling great, but as we spoke to her and testified to her, the Spirit filled the room, and when we left, she had no doubts. I told her that she had to fight Satan one more day, and she promised she would!

On Friday, it poured rain. Of course it didn't ruin my hair, because I didn't have any, but I was a little worried. What a blessing it was when  C. arrived later so content. She said, "Manacor is getting baptized with me." Miracles folks, Miracles.

When we arrived at the church, I think mom, Kalee, Grandma, and all other important women came out of my personality. I wanted everything to be perfect. Even if no one noticed, we would, and God would. From table cloths, to center pieces on the tables, to baptism prelude music, to sweeping every ten seconds, to wiping off our big blow up font so that it looked blue, not brown, to almost losing my mind when Elder Cook drew on the foggy window, to making the brownies, and putting them on a platter. I had to search for the table clothes, but I ended up finding them hidden in a closet!!!!! The brownies were so good!!!!! We almost didn't want to share them!!! The extra batter was licked clean for sure!!!! Everything had to be just right! You only get baptized once, right??

The service was amazing! All of our members showed up to offer support. C. was great! She brought her own dress and desserts and many, many changes of clothes... haha. She also brought some stones she brought from the Jordan River that she picked up out of the river 40 years ago. She said she wanted Jesus to be with her. She is giving them to us on Tuesday!!!!! The Spirit was so strong.  You know my sensitive heart could barely hold back the tears.

She bore her testimony at the end of the service, and I have never felt more proud or happy for someone in my life! She thanked us for our patience, and for helping her to that point. I couldn't stop smiling! All of the stress, prayers, fasting, miracles, frustrations, visits, old folks runs, and lots of love led up to this wonderful day! As she spoke I thought back to her incredible journey to baptism. It was hard, but worth it. Heavenly Father let me feel his love for her. I saw her as he did. I can't explain it in words. Imagine it's what parenthood is like...

I am so grateful for the chance I had to watch her progression in the Gospel. The Spirit has truly changed her heart. I feel as though the promise in Doctrine and Covenants just became real. "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!"





The Brem's are good folks!!! We bought them a welcome gift last week. Salt shakers in the form of people hugging. They came out to the baptism. They helped with the programs!!!! It was so great!!!!

So that's a mouthful,  but that's the life!!!!!

Elder Tyson

No comments:

Post a Comment